24 August 2010
In Love With: Trays
I've been searching on my favourite blogs and decorating sites for ways to keep clutter contained and organized. I love bins and baskets because you can litterally throw stuff in them in no particular order, then put the bin on a shelf and no one sees your clutter and your shelves and storage spaces look organized and tidy. For the kitchen, I love the junk draw that hides all my funny shaped and odd sized kitchen utensils and tools. Now I'm loving trays, not only for serving, but for a way to organized clutter and display decorative items, while still allowing easy clean-up when extra surface space is needed.
Trays come in a variety of materials and styles and they are so versitile that they can suit anybody's decor and style. Here are a few of inspirational uses of trays I found...
More ways to use trays:
- organize jewelry in a tray by using bowls and little containers to to keep track of pieces
- contain messes by the kitchen sink by putting dish soap bottle and maybe some hand cream or your dish washing sponge on a narrow tray by the faucet
- display face cloths and beautifully packaged products on a tray in the bathroom
- group plants together on a shelf or table
- re-purpose a tray as a lap desk for your computer or paperwork
- or contane papers on your desk or work area
I just picked up a cheap wooden tray at a thrift store and when I've decided how I want to refinish it, I'll be sure to share. My next purchase...a silver tray!! What are some of YOUR methods for organizing clutter?