17 August 2010
DIY: Fresh Mint Bouquet
I am in no way a flower arranger and am just winging it, so if you have any suggestions or comments please let me know so I can learn!
- 1 plastic drinking bottle
- mint, I used 3 kinds: chocolate mint and peppermint
- tin, jars, any kind of container you like
1. Cut the top of the plastic drinking bottle off, it will be used to hold the water and mint stalks to prevent any rust or leaking of the old tin.
2. Trim the mint stalks to the height you like and take off a few inches of the lower leaves so they won't sit in the water. I'm collecting all the extra leaves for a mint lemonade recipe, but you could also use them in cooking or for making tea or dry them for later.