01 November 2010

In Love With: Branches

Wall Decor - Ayos: Living ReArrangements

I've said in a few posts that I like bringing the outside in for decor.  Today I was looking out the window and at the cherry tree in our back yard admiring the intricate branches. I love the organic look of bare branches, so I did some exploring and I've put together a collection of my favourite ways people have decorated with branches:

Wedding center pieces - CT Green Scene

Fall decor - Canadian House and Home

Fall decor - Canadian House and Home

Fall decor - Canadian House and Home

Photography display - A Branch of Treasures by Terramia



DIY branch table - Style Files

Drift Wood Coat Rack - Room Remix


Branch Wall Sticker - Rockett St George

me melodia - Clothing Rack

Some of these ideas are so simple how could you NOT pick up a few branches on your way home.  Make sure, of course, to inspect the branches and give them a good shake outside to ensure you're not bringing unwanted guests in to the house!  I've actually seen quite a few decorating sites and bloggers do posts on branches, so there are tons of ideas on how to incorporate the outside into your home.  These are just a few of my favourites, but follow the links for the photos above and you'll find even more creative ideas!

How would YOU incorporate branches or outside elements into your home?

3 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of bringing the outside in! I love these photos! I have a little piece of Earth in every room! The first image with twigs is amazing and I want to try the driftwood coat rack for our mudroom!

    I'm still in the middle of decorating our place and we've been there since July 1st - I should ask you for assistance! great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to answer your question - I love the new fave with twigs in a large glass vase - I have them in our mudroom. I also like stones around large candles and tying twigs with gorgeous ribbon for table side accents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the driftwood coat rack too! You have a great knowledge of how simple things we see every day can be incorperated
    into useful, charming and beautiful :) great stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...